Thursday, February 02, 2012

Unashamed Disciple

The Idea

Unashamed Disciples is an idea in two parts. 


Unashamed means shame less, to not be afraid of doing something, but also blameless, which means with no guilt, no fault.
This is how God expects his children, male and female, to live for Him, testifying of Him with confidence and boldness, but also living a life of integrity and pureness.

Down here I post the Bible verses and songs that go with it, that help me remember to be unashamed. Memorizing the Bible is very powerful fountain of strength, and I'm trying to memorize those.

Romans 1.16
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile".

I'm not ashamed - Hillsong United (click here to listen to the video on Youtube)

The chorus says:

I'm not ashamed of the gospel, Lord
Your power, Your love that saved my soul
Now I'm alive in You
I live in the risen Son

I John 2.28

"And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming".

Unashamed - Starfield (click here to listen to the video on Youtube)

The chorus says:


And I know I'm weak
I know I'm unworthy
To call upon Your name
But because of grace
Because of Your mercy
I stand here unashamed
-----

I hope this collection of songs, articles, pictures and Bible verses can be a resource to help you to live your life as an Unashamed Disciple of Jesus!


God be with you!

Your Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment